You know and love Biotin as the superhero for shinier, thicker, longer, stronger hair (yes, please!). While biotin alone can be a powerful tool to help your hair, your body utilizes a lot of other nutrients to keep that mane of yours thick, strong, and shiny. Here are the 10 most vital nutrients to add to your diet and daily supplement routine.
- Collagen: Your body uses amino acids found in collagen to build Keratin, which is the primary protein that your hair is made up of. Collagen also helps fight hair damage by acting as an antioxidant for your long and luscious locks.
- Vitamin A: All Cells need Vitamin A to grow, it also helps you secrete sebum, a substance that prevents hair breakage, helps keep hair healthy, and moisturizes the scalp.
- Vitamin B1, B2, B6, and B12: This lineup of b vitamins help carry oxygen to your scalp.
- Vitamin D3: Vitamin D3 may help create new follicles where hair can grow.
- Vitamin C: Your body needs vitamin C to use up that collagen, it’s also an antioxidant that protects against free radicals.
- Pantothenic Acid: Also known as B5, pantothenic acid helps convert carbs into energy, helping to nourish your cells, including the cells of your hair.
- Calcium: You know and love calcium, but did you know it also helps build strong hair and nails? Pro-tip: calcium is especially important for premenopausal women.
- MSM: forms bonds essential to help strengthen hair.
- Bamboo Extract: bamboo is a rich source of silica, which may help support healthy hair growth
- Keratin: This protein is a building block of hair, and may help repair damage.
While you can get most of these nutrients from your diet, it can be hard to meet recommended daily intakes every single day, even with the best of diets, and you’ll still likely be missing out on Keratin, MSM, and a good amount of collagen. Don’t fret— You can easily supplement these nutrients by taking Hairfluence
, a multivitamin that is custom formulated for hair health with the optimal daily dose of healthy hair nutrients for women. By taking 2 capsules of Hairfluence
as part of your daily routine, you’ll be fueling healthy hair (and nails!) from the inside, out.
Check out Hairfluence