This mini meatloaf recipe combines the best in comfort food and brain-boosting ingredients!
Next up in our ‘New Year, New Shroom’ Series are our Brain Boosting Mini Meatloaves.
This recipe series is designed to help your new year’s health resolutions outlast January, by providing you with straightforward, quick recipes, like these mini meatloaves, utilizing our Mushroom 8-Plex Powder. Mushroom 8-Plex is a superfood blend packed with antioxidants and adaptogens that support immune health, brain power, energy and endurance.
We call these our ‘brain boosting’ mini meatloaves as each serving of Mushroom 8-Plex contains 250 mg of fermented lion’s mane, which may support focus and clarity. Numerous studies have shown the antifatigue effects of edible and medicinal mushrooms, including varieties chosen for Mushroom 8-Plex.
Baking in muffin tins cuts down the cooking time of traditional meatloaf, making these minis a fantastically simple dinner to enjoy on hectic weeknights. Adding Mushroom 8-Plex to this classic recipe elevates a comfort food to a fully nourishing, wholesome meal.
Mushroom 8-Plex Brain-Boosting Mini Meatloaf
Serves 6 (12 muffins) Prep Time 15 minutes Cook Time 25 minutes
- ½ yellow onion, finely diced
- ½ green pepper, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.5 lbs. lean group beef
- ¾ cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 3 tablespoons of Mushroom 8-Plex Powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup chili sauce
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F. Spray muffin tin with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Combine glaze ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Sauté onion and green pepper over medium heat in olive oil until tender (roughly 5 minutes). Let cool.
- Add remaining ingredients plus ¼ cup of the glaze mixture in a medium bowl and mix until well combined.
- Divide mixture among 12 muffin wells and top each meatloaf with an even amount of glaze mixture.
- Bake until beef temperature is 160˚F, about 22-25 minutes. Rest in pan 5 minutes before removing and serving.
That’s it! Here is our modern twist on one of your mom’s most beloved recipes.
These mini meatloaves can be served with a side of our simple veggie stir fry, look our for a recipe coming soon, or any other side of your liking.
If you're looking for more comfort food, check out this Mushroom 8-Plex Cozy Adaptogen Hot Cocoa recipe in our ‘New Year, New Shroom’ series.