These no-bake protein bites are a perfect snack to keep on hand if you live a busy lifestyle. And, because you make them yourself, you know that–unlike store bought protein snacks–there are no additives or preservatives.
When you’ve combined all the ingredients, just pop them in the freezer for an hour and serve cold, or at room temperature.
They are loaded with protein from three sources: cashew butter, chia seeds and Zhou Nutrition Plant Complete. These little noshes also offer the essential amino acids our bodies need.
Cashew Chocolate Chip Protein Bites
Makes 24 balls
Prep: 10 min
- 1 c. cashew butter
- 2 scoops Zhou Plant Complete Protein Powder, Vanilla
- ½ c. oat flour
- 2 tbsp. 100% maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tbsp. almond milk
- ¼ c. dark chocolate chips
- Using a food processor, combine all ingredients except chocolate chips and process until smooth.
- Transfer mixture in medium bowl; fold in chocolate chips.
- Using wet hands, form the mixture into 24 balls, placing them onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place in the freezer for one hour. Serve cold or at room temperature.
These versatile bites will be your go-to solution for that late afternoon energy lull and will provide the protein you need before or after your workout. For a healthy dessert, you’ll find that the maple syrup, chocolate chips, and dates will satisfy your sweet tooth with none of the guilt.