Start your morning with classic pancakes with a protein boost. Adding a scoop of Zhou Plant Complete into the mix not only adds some extra protein, it also offers some delicious vanilla flavor.
Benefits of adding protein to your morning meal
Protein is the building block for muscles, bone, cartilage, and skin. Eating a protein-rich diet has a ton of fitness benefits. Protein helps you speed up muscle recovery after exercise, curb hunger, and build lean muscle. Beyond that, protein is also an important part of your body’s every day needs. Protein aids in hormone regulation, the oxygenation process and digestion.
By packing your the first meal of the day with protein, you are ensuring that your body is getting what it needs… right away.
Serves 4 (makes 8 pancakes)
Prep: 20 min
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 scoop Zhou Plant Complete Protein Powder, Vanilla
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 c. 2% milk
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
Optional: 100% pure maple syrup, nut butter, fresh berries, or other pancake toppings
- In a small bowl, whisk together the first four ingredients and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, melted butter and egg.
- Combine dry ingredients with the milk mixture. Stir until smooth.
- Melt 1 tbsp. of butter on a griddle over medium heat; reduce temperature to medium-low.
- For each pancake, ladle approximately ¼ c. of batter onto griddle. Cook until bubbles on the surface burst and flip, cooking approximately 2-3 minutes on each side).
Breakfast is considered the most important meal of the day. It helps with the heart, digestion, bones, and more. Having a healthy breakfast is the key to a productive day, so choose your morning meal carefully.
This effortless recipe for protein-packed pancakes is an excellent breakfast choice. Whether you choose to make pancakes on the weekends or throughout the week, this quick and easy recipe will satisfy your taste buds while taking care of your body.